THE Queensland Government has introduced a Regional Employment Package to boost employment throughout our region. Long-term unemployed jobseekers are the main beneficiaries of the $100 million Back to Work job program. The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines "long-term unemployed jobseeker" as someone out of work for 52 weeks or more. All eligible employees attract a government payment of $10,000.00 paid to the employer for businesses who take on an unemployed worker. This value increases to $15,000.00 for employees who are classified as "long term unemployed".
Further, a $20,000.00 "Youth Boost" is available for eligible employers who hire unemployed youth aged between 15 and 24 (between 1 December 2016 and 28 February 2017). You can apply for an Employer Support Payment just four weeks after an eligible employee starts working with you. An eligible employee is a person who meets the following criteria
1. Is a resident of Queensland;
2. Was unemployed for at least four weeks directly prior to commencing employment;
3. Was not previously employed by same company in the previous 12 months;
4. Commenced work after 1 July 2016 and has worked for at least four weeks
5. Work an average of at least 20 hours per week (eight hours for a person with a disability);
6. Be paid to work full time or part time (casual employees excluded);
All employers who hire an eligible employee in a regional Queensland job are qualified for the incentive except for government entities including local, state and federal government, government owned corporations and statutory bodies. Visit Back To Work Initiatives for more information on how to apply.
Contact our office today if you have any questions about your personal and unique situation on 07 5482 2855.